My amazing world

Friday, March 03, 2006

My vegetarian lunch in Taiwan


Being an Indian, I love spicy food more. I cook my food most of the time here (Taiwan). It's not because I love cooking, it's because It's difficult to find my food here. Otherwise I seldom used to cook food in India. The complexity is more because I'm vegetarian :) .
Here people are very good & friendly. Sometimes I order my lunch box & try their (Taiwan) vegetarian food. Actually I started eating this food because of my laziness, later I started liking it. It's real healthy food [but it's not sufficient :( , after couple of hours I start feeling hungry ;) ].
My lunch box will have rice, carrot, mushroom, boiled vegetables, Gluten, Tofu, Agar , and noodles. These people make gluten, tofu & agar look like meat. I wondered why ? My Taiwanese friend told me that, "they want to make them look like meat & taste like meat" to attract more customers & also to compete with other restaurants who are selling meat food :) . These Taiwanese chef have become very creative in imitating meat.
Food is healthy and good, but no spices :-)

2 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it's right the reason, you alwasy ask me for food in these days....

That lunch box is not sufficient for a woman, don't even mention it for a man....

 
At March 04, 2006 1:16 AM, Blogger Mike said...

hahahaha :))
So you understand it better.Hmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home