My amazing world

Thursday, February 23, 2006

SORRY.....

Sometimes little comments or actions can hurt or offend others. Heavy workloads and stress may keep us from seeing how our actions make others feel. Sometimes even if you have not intended to hurt anyone, your joke or fun may hurt someone terribly.
The same thing happened yesterday to my best friend. She was so down and depressed on that comment. I never thought I could ever hurt her. I really felt guilty for the situation ( even though I didn't mean it in reality). May be I'm very bad in commenting. God help me & give me some wisdom so that I couldn't repeat it again.
But I honestly apologized and brought back things on track.

How can we apologize when we offend someone. I'm just trying to put them in my own way:
These little things can add up & become a conflict & finally it may damage the relationship. It's hard to apologize or we have too much pride or we feel ashamed to do so. But let me tell you, when you offend you must apologize honestly ( sometimes even if you have no intentions to offend ) . This will make your relationships to grow stronger. Whenever you offend, just 'Take the responsibility'(you must admit you have done wrong or accept the responsibility if your actions) , 'Explain' (let the person you hurt know that you didn't mean to do harm), 'Show your regret', 'Repair the damage' (apologize to correct the injury, it may be physical or emotional), & finally 'Good timing' (apologize right for tiny matters).
So the bottom line is...
It's not about who "won" or who "lost." It's about keeping a strong friendship/relationship.

5 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really admire you, you're really that great. I like what you said It's not about who "won" or who "lost", but a strong friendship / relationship.

I believe that she didn't mind at all, especially, you called her as your best friend. She will definitely understand you, because she is your best friend, isn't she.

Although sometimes jokes do hurt people, but maybe she just over react.

Don't worry she will still be your best frined, I know. God told me.

 
At February 23, 2006 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realized my recation really hurt you by reading this post. You said that before if I feel bad, and you too feel bad. Likewise, if you feel bad, and me too.

I was too jealous to recognize your words as a joke, I hope you do understand what I'm saying. I can only tell you this.

Cheer up!!

 
At February 23, 2006 8:38 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hey George
Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes my friend understood what i meant, yes she is my best friend.
Only reason i mentioned it is, nobody should feel ahsamed to apologize honestly when you hurt someone.
Thank you once again.. :)

 
At February 23, 2006 8:40 PM, Blogger Mike said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At February 23, 2006 8:52 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hey Alice
I understand what you mean. Thanks for your comments. I never mind anything, i just put my words.
So yup, CHEER UP :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home